Re: fontsize in 7.92

Le mardi 23 octobre 2007 à 00:39 -0400, Owen Taylor a écrit :

> I've now commented in great detail on the bug explaining a few of the
> reasons why I chose to hardcode 96dpi years ago.

And you know I disagreed then, and other distributions opened high
priority bugs to reverse your hack. (mandrake then, ubuntu and sus
today).

> The situation has changed a bit

More than a bit, the high dpi screens you've alway said would never
happen did happen (olpc and openmoko are examples).

> (and there would be an argument to up the 96dpi to
> something higher), but most of the arguments against using the reported
> monitor DPI as the logical font DPI still hold.

As much as before that is not at all.

--
Nicolas Mailhot