Re: Current problems with Rawhide

We're "fixing" this by making the knetworkmanager package load up the
GNOME applet for F8 final.  When the K version is fixed, we'll remove
the hack and the GNOME dependencies in an F8 update.

Yeah, I didn't think anyone would miss that problem.  I still don't entirely understand why NetworkManager itself (nm-applet) is screwing up my IP, though.

I set it to give me a standard IP of 192.168.2.4 on my network all the time, because my computer acts as an LDAP/NFS server for the rest of the computers on the network.  However, when I activate NetworkManager, my IP becomes 192.168.2.5.  When I turn it off and use the old networking system, I get the IP I asked for.