CD audio: preference to limit drive speed?

Robert Marcano robert at marcanoonline.com
Wed Oct 24 19:18:37 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-24 at 20:49 +0200, Olivier Galibert wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 24, 2007 at 02:19:31PM -0400, Robert Marcano wrote:
> > Just to expand a little this discussion, NOT everyone lives in USA or UK
> > or another country with a good online store. And by the way I love to
> > have something physical I can sell if I want too
>
> Funny, I haven't listened to an audio CD directly on a computer in
> years, while I did buy a bunch of CDs in the interval.
>
> The original "people still do that?" remark was about CD playback, not
> about archival/trade media, as Alan Cox seems to have been the only
> one to notice.  Reading speed is not an issue for CD dumping, since
> the paranoia stuff/dumping application manages it.

Well I got the idea, but I was replying to the person trying to change
the preferred way to buy/listen music of people, with a little limited
view of what other people options are, legal options, for some of us
downloading music from P2P networks is not one of those like Peter try
to recommend me on a later reply