rebuilding galeon and/or Miro (was Re: firefox-2.0.0.8 Upgrade Problems in F7)

Alex Lancaster alexl at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Oct 25 05:35:18 UTC 2007

[...]

AL> If the maintainer doesn't respond reasonably quickly, other
AL> maintainers could be permitted to step up to the bat to rebuild
AL> the broken apps against the new firefox themselves.

AL> This would be preferable rather than let those maintainers
AL> (galeon, Miro etc.) discover them through multiple bugs filed on
AL> bugzilla and/or user forums or IRC several days later, dragging
AL> the updating process on, and generating confusion) which seems to
AL> be what tends to happen.

In the interests of getting these security updates up quickly, I'm
taking the liberty to rebuild galeon against the new firefox (I've had
a fair bit of experience rebuilding this application before) .  I'm
currently doing a scratch build in koji, let me know if this isn't OK
with anyone.

I'll also do Miro if nobody screams at me.

(PS.  I can't see any pending builds in koji and/or CVS action that
would imply that the current maintainers of these packages are aware
of the change firefox at the moment.)

Alex