Re: Possibility of inclusion of a "kde-desktop-effects" version in compiz

Am Fr 26.Oktober 2007 schrieb Neal Becker:
> Sebastian Vahl wrote:

> >> Um, when I tested out the new version of compiz on openSUSE, I noticed
> >> that compiz itself seems to have a tool for switching between window
> >> managers.  It seemed to work fine for me in KDE.
> >
> > Do you remember the name of that tool? AFAIK suse also includes
> > compiz-manager, eg see: http://en.opensuse.org/Compiz-Fusion
> >
> > Maybe this is fusion-icon? But that has no official release, yet.
> >
> > Sebastian
>
> Also, how are you configuring compiz?  I grabbed the ccsm (which is
> currently under review).  It looks nice, except it doesn't seem to do
> anything.  You can choose lots of options, but I don't see anything like
> an 'apply' button.

This is done by compiz-manager. ATM it is: compiz --replace glib gconf
Until compizconfig-backend-kconfig gets into Fedora. But I'm open for
suggestions.

ccsm has no ability to _start_ compiz, just to configure it's options.

Sebastian