Re: Feedback from PulseAudio 0.9.7 SVN (Was: Current problems with Rawhide)

On Thu, 25.10.07 00:51, Kelly Miller (lightsolphoenix gmail com) wrote:

Hi!

> Okay, I'm attaching my logs related to PulseAudio to this email.  I hope
> someone can tell me the right place to go.

Those logs don't tell much. Except that PA cannot get hold of the
audio device because some other process is using it.

> I guess it's important to describe the setup as well.  I'm using
> alsa-plugins-pulse to redirect ALSA sound to PulseAudio, so pcm.default!
> and ctl.default! are both set to module: pulse.  The actual hardware is
> aliased as hw:0 (I keep getting errors that it's busy, even though nothing
> is running that would use sound because I automatically kill aRts before I
> start PulseAudio, and none of the other sound daemons are
> running...)

Try fuser -v /dev/snd/*

It will tell you which processes have opened your audio devices.

> BTW, for some odd reason, Thunderbird seems to pass between a phase of
> being fine and a phase where it takes up 90% of the system resources and
> grinds to a halt for a period of time.  I'm not sure what's up with that,
> either...

I'd bet this is not PA's fault ;-)

Lennart