Package XYZ is not signed

Will Woods wwoods at redhat.com
Fri Oct 26 02:51:24 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-10-25 at 20:48 -0400, yonas Abraham wrote:
> yum update fedora-release-notes
>
> produce
>
> Package fedora-release-notes-8.0.0-2.noarch.rpm is not signed
>

> this is true for about 16 pakages on my Rahwid system today

This has been discussed a bunch of times already. Rawhide packages
aren't signed. This is intentional. Until we hit the final release,
either:

1) disable 'fedora' and 'updates' repositories, and re-enable
'development'
- this is best if you're planning to follow rawhide in the future

or:

2) disable 'gpgcheck' for 'fedora'
- you need to remember to re-enable it when Fedora 8 is released!

Hope that helps,

-w