Re: BIG FAT WARNING: Breaking X in rawhide

Dave Airlie wrote:
On Fri, 2007-10-26 at 08:59 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
Peter Gordon wrote:
On Fri, 2007-10-26 at 21:46 +1000, Dave Airlie wrote:
We have two projects that I thought were written up somewhere but maybe
not :)

1. Composite by default.
[...]
2. Smooth GUI booting.
[...]
Ooh. I was already tempted to go Rawhide on my workstation starting at
F8 GA, but this is just icing on the cake.
So much awesomeness, so little time! @_@
Indeed, you guys really do steal all the thunder from the F8 release with those awesome (and much expected) features in Rawhide :p

Well we haven't done all of the work yet :-0

We just need to get the pieces in place so we can get more testing on
them...

Dave.

May I suggest that after rawhide switches to F9 that you push at least one set of the "old" stuff so that those of us that have keepcache=1 (for yum) will have the "old" stuff as a fall back in case the "new" stuff is "extra raw".
Looking forward to testing...
Thanks,