Re: laptop hard disk etiquette

Bill Nottingham wrote:
Pádraig Brady (P draigBrady com) said:
Which is about once every 4 seconds or so.
As mentioned in the bug report I can turn this
off by doing `hdparm -B 255 /dev/sda`

Should anything be changed for the F8 release?

Fedora doesn't change the power management values for your drives from
the defaults set by your BIOS.

Bill

1) Power off completely.
2) Boot up.
3) Run `hdparm -I /dev/sda` and see "Advanced power management level:"

What default value does your firmware or BIOS have? notting's drive defaulted to 128.

Warren Togami
wtogami redhat com