Upgrade 7.92 -> 8

Hi,

I would like to install Fedora 8 Test 3 to help testing new Fedora
version. I know it could be less stable that final, but it's not very
important me.
Later, I would like to upgrade it to F-8 final (without a new
installation). Would it be possible to use updates from a development
version and after 9 XI smoothly switch to updates for F-8?
Or the only way is to call "Upgrade" option from F-8 DVD?

Thanks for info
Marcin