Re: Problem with the live ISOs and creating bootable USB installation media?

Jonathan Underwood wrote:
On 28/10/2007, Jonathan Underwood <jonathan underwood gmail com> wrote:
On 28/10/2007, Jonathan Underwood <jonathan underwood gmail com> wrote:
So that works. It looks like  something changed with how the ISOs are
structured such that the livecd-tools under F-7 are broken with the
F-8 isos. This isn't good, as I think I'm describing what will be
quite a common use case when F-8 is released (i.e. people wishing to
create bootable F-8 sticks under F-7 in order to upgrade).
To answer my own question, the reason is that in the ISO as composed
from current Rawhide squashfs.img is now located in the LiveOS
subdirectory rather than in the root directory. I'll have a look at
pathing the livecd-tools script.

Sorry to continue the monologue, but just to say I've added a patch to
Bug #355541 to fix this.

Looking at f8t3, it doesn't appear that livecd-iso-to-disk is on the desktop livecd. Perhaps an alternate solution would be to split livecd-iso-to-disk away from livecd-tools, and have it in the desktop livecd. While also putting it in the F7 updates repo. I think the f8/git version of l-i-t-d already works without your patch, for both f7 and f8 LiveISOs.

-dmc