Re: dangling symlinks in rpm packages for Fedora-devel

Florian La Roche <laroche <at> redhat.com> writes:
> strigi-libs has dangling symlink from /usr/lib/strigi/strigila_cpp.so
to /usr/lib/strigi/strigila_cpp.so.0
> strigi-libs has dangling symlink from /usr/lib/strigi/strigila_deb.so
to /usr/lib/strigi/strigila_deb.so.0
> strigi-libs has dangling symlink
from /usr/lib/strigi/strigila_namespaceharvester.so
to /usr/lib/strigi/strigila_namespaceharvester.so.0
> strigi-libs has dangling symlink from /usr/lib/strigi/strigila_xpm.so
to /usr/lib/strigi/strigila_xpm.so.0
> strigi-libs has dangling symlink from /usr/lib/strigi/strigita_au.so
to /usr/lib/strigi/strigita_au.so.0
> strigi-libs has dangling symlink from /usr/lib/strigi/strigita_gif.so
to /usr/lib/strigi/strigita_gif.so.0
> strigi-libs has dangling symlink from /usr/lib/strigi/strigita_pcx.so
to /usr/lib/strigi/strigita_pcx.so.0
> strigi-libs has dangling symlink from /usr/lib/strigi/strigita_xbm.so
to /usr/lib/strigi/strigita_xbm.so.0

Ouch, these are really bad. I don't understand what's going on here. These are
not supposed to be symlinks, they are supposed to be loadable plugins, and in
the F7 RPM which is built from the same specfile, they are. How they get
replaced with symlinks not pointing to anywhere is a mystery to me. Maybe a
cmake bug? Or some other toolchain component?

        Kevin Kofler