Re: OOo .odt files - open with Java by default

I have had this problem since Fedora Core 4. Ever since GCJ and OOo 2.0 were included in Fedora, this specific issue has cropped on my computers all the time. The strange thing is that only OpenDocument files are considered Java Archives. None of the other archive-based formats supported by OOo have this issue as far as I can tell.

On 10/30/07, Jonathan Underwood <jonathan underwood gmail com> wrote:
On 30/10/2007, Caolan McNamara <caolanm redhat com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2007-10-30 at 20:36 +0100, nodata wrote:
> > Nautilus will open OpenText document files from OpenOffice.org with Java
> > by default
>
> What could "open with java" mean here, actually attempting to
> execute .odt files as java programs ?!, or treating them as .jar files
> an unzipping them or something. Here, though with OOo installed of
> course, it does does the right thing(tm).

I see the same problem on F-7 as well. The dialogue box reads:

Cannot open 4GLS_article.odt

The filename "4GLS_article.odt" indicates that this file is of type
"ODT document". The contents of the file indicate that the file is of
type "Java Archive". If you open this file, the file might present a
security risk to your system.

Do not open the file unless you created the file yourself, or received
the file from a trusted source. To open the file, rename the file to
the correct extension for "Java Archive", then open the file normally.
Alternatively, use the Open With menu to choose a specific application
for the file.