Re: KDE logout options with F8

Matthias Clasen wrote:

I only mentioned that KDM should be selected by default if users choose to select KDE. This really has nothing specific to do with KDE either. It is just logical that a display manager associated with any desktop environment should be installed by default along with the desktop environment. I haven't described anything about GDM or how exactly that should be done. I don't see why GDM is in the x-group instead of the GNOME group either.

It is not very logical to associate a display manager with a desktop
environment in the first place.

GNOME display manager is not logically associated with GNOME Desktop Environment? If that's the case, it makes it even more illogical that GNOME display manager is default for KDE Desktop Environment. Either we have a neutral display manager that works well for them both (it doesn't in this case since there is a regression in functionality inflicted by our defaults) or we install whatever display manager goes well with the desktop environment.

Rahul