Re: KDE logout options with F8

Bill Nottingham wrote:
Rahul Sundaram (sundaram fedoraproject org) said:
If you read why this thread started, it is because there is a regression in functionality if GDM is the default in KDE (ie) users lose the shutdown, hibernation buttons etc. Dismissing that regression by saying that it merely because of a letter is ignoring a actual problem.

Then perhaps instead of suggesting we change many years of established
behavior ON THE NIGHT OF THE FINAL FREEZE (in ways that don't work, even)
you may want to work on investigating the actual bug?

I already discussed in a bug report in Red Hat bugzilla many months back IIRC that was ignored and I never suggested that we change this immediately for Fedora 8. Since KDE spin already has KDM as the default, there isn't much of a chance for a regression but we can do this in the Fedora 9 branch just to be safe if that is a problem.

Rahul