Re: KDE logout options with F8

Rahul Sundaram <sundaram <at> fedoraproject.org> writes:
> So the question is, is there any way at all to get KDM by default when
> users select KDE during installation or is there none?

Here's one: reverse the fallback preferences so KDM is preferred over GDM. That
way, people who only select GNOME (or Base X) will still get GDM (because KDM
is in kdebase - we could even split it out to a kdebase-kdm subpackage and put
that in as default in the KDE group so we don't end up with KDM pulled in
accidentally when a GNOME user installs some KDE app which happens to require
kdebase), people who select KDE will get KDM as they expect. It would change
the default for those having both GNOME and KDE though.

        Kevin Kofler