Re: changelogs in packages and space use

On Saturday 01 September 2007 06:41:27 Ralf Corsepius wrote:

>  We once had "Linux on 5 floppies", then "Linux on CD", then "Linux on X
> CDs", then "Linux on DVD", now we're gradually approaching the "Linux on
> online media-age".
>
> That said, I don't see much sense in spinning "crippled distros on
> <small media>". Instead we should have a very small "minimum

I guess this is true for Western Europe and other developed countries, but
Fedora targets for a world-wide domination and e.g. in development or newly
industrialising countries, there may not be cheap access to even DVDs or usb
devices of a useful capacity.

Regards,
Till