Re: rawhide report: 20070830 changes

Adam Jackson wrote:
Build System wrote:
New package java-1.7.0-icedtea
	IcedTea Runtime Environment
Good to see this. Is there any chance we can provide this for Fedora 7?

That seems like a lot of work for little gain.  I would much prefer the
IcedTea developers spend their time on making it really great for F8,
instead of making it mediocre for both F8 and F7

There are already Fedora 7 SRPMS available. Why would putting it in the repository make it mediocre for Fedora 8?

Rahul