Re: application layer packet classifier in Fedora?

On So September 2 2007, Marek Mahut wrote:

> Today, when building my QoS script for my home-made router, I found that
> there's none packer classifier in Fedora. I'm looking for something like
> l7-filter[1] or ipp2p[2]. Any hint for something similar already in
> Fedora? Or someone who can help me to package and build l7-filter for
> Fedora?

Is the l7-filter userspace version good enough for you? The kernel version and
ipp2p may not make it into Fedora, because external kernel modules may be
banned in the future. To be on the safe side, it would be better to try to
integrate it into one of the other repositories.

Regards,
Till