Re: ubuntu bulletproof x

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
On 9/2/07, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell gmail com> wrote:
Isn't the fact that windows works with them a pretty good demonstration?

Sadly we don't have access to that source code now do we. Please keep
the rhetorical comments to a minimum.

Seems pretty objective to me...

 >> Is he suggesting that windows uses magic?  I thought he meant instead
that X doesn't use the information sensibly.

Are you asking me to-reinterpret Mr. Jackson's statements for
additional implied meaning?

Yes, in particular:

  "So you end up in some pretty hilarious situations, because
   X prefers width over height, so even though your monitor's
   1600x1200, the sync range is big enough to fit 1680x1050,
   so you'll try to fit that, and lose."

I interpret that as an X issue, not a lack of information in the inf file.

Stop trolling for divisive commentary,

Telling other people what to do is about as divisive as you can get - and it doesn't work.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com