Re: My 2 cents on the whole Fedora to succeed as global wide deployed desktop are...

On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 12:25:52 +0000
""Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"" <johannbg hi is> wrote:

>      Why was minimal install ( no gui ) removed from anaconda?

Because "minimal" meant way too many different things to different
people.  Instead we just give you control over the package set and let
you even de-select the Base group (no yum for you!).  Now everybody can
define/select their own meaning of Minimal.

(and remember, many non-english languages need X to display the fonts
correctly.  Not very friendly if we dismiss them as users.)

--
Jesse Keating