Re: My 2 cents on the whole Fedora to succeed as global wide deployed desktop are...

On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 14:58:33 +0200
Martin Sourada <martin sourada seznam cz> wrote:

> I think we should rather take a loooong thought and add to FirstBoot
> one screen for selecting services, which would be easy and simple to
> use. You would have there a combo with Desktop/Notebook/Server
> choices, and some checkboxes for optional services (but with sane
> names). I can imagine that as nobody needs bluetooth on server, on
> Desktop nearly nobody needs running power manager, etc. We should
> take a thought and decide what services should be enabled by default
> and what services should be easily available for user enabling during
> first boot (most likely the cups one, but MUST be called something
> like Printer Support).

Actually my feeling is that we should get rid of as many firstboot
screens as possible and just pick reasonable defaults.  The tools are
there if a curious user needs to adjust something.  So much of what we
ask is just silly.

--
Jesse Keating