Re: My 2 cents on the whole Fedora to succeed as global wide deployed desktop are...

Martin Sourada wrote:

Yes, most ARE, but the one with services could be useful. There is a
batch of services that are useful on most of notebooks, but are unneeded
on most of Desktops/Servers and vice versa. And we'd like to get rid of
as much unneeded services as possible, so if we target the default ones
with a thought of the target platform, it would be IMHO more effective.
Maybe it could go to anaconda, but personally I think that first boot is
better place for that.

Asking the user in this case is the wrong answer. Don't expect the user to cherry pick services to enable/disable during installation. If users want to do that they can do it post installation or use kickstart.

Rahul