Re: My 2 cents on the whole Fedora to succeed as global wide deployed desktop are...

Martin Sourada wrote:

Well, on desktop you usually don't need any server services (http
server, ftp server, ssh server,...)

Like I said it's fuzzy. GNOME file sharing program called gnome-user-share depends on httpd for example.

http://blog.fubar.dk/?p=93

Then it is sufficient to enable cups automatically, when user adds first
printer. But still the defaults remain and I have many running services
in default install, I'll clearly have no use for

Those are bugs that need to be fixed. Asking the user here is just a workaround to paper over this problem.

Rahul