Re: Developing Fedora Derivative distro yum "priority" question

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
On 8/31/07, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram fedoraproject org> wrote:
"You may also not then say that your product "contains Fedora" or is an
alternate "edition" of Fedora. You may say that your product is "a
derivative of Fedora" or is "built upon Fedora", but you must make it
clear that your product is NOT Fedora"

This is based on "fair use" and you don't need explicit permission.

You know, we should probably consider stating a single preference for
how to communicate this. And make the stated preference easy to find
in the text instead of buried in the middle of a longer paragraph.

Ideally we will have tools that allow you to pass a argument that marks a custom spin as a derivative with appropriate text and branding in the right places and use the documentation only to compliment the capability with these tools.

Rahul