ocaml-lablgl problems · Re: rawhide report: 20070904 changes

Michael Schwendt mschwendt.tmp0701.nospam at arcor.de
Tue Sep 4 12:46:15 UTC 2007

On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 13:27:05 +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:

> Michael Schwendt wrote:

> >> I can't build ocaml-lablgl because I'm not the package owner (AIUI).
> >>
> >> I don't _want_ ocaml-labgl in order to build ocaml-findlib - it's not
> >> needed for that build.
> >
> > Okay, then let's see whether the failure is reproducible with
> > a scratch-build of ocaml-findlib:
> > http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=146938
> >
> > ocaml-lablgl is not listed anywhere in the koji buildroot log and not during
> > the resolve-step either.
>
> So ... it's a bug in Koji then?

To me it smells like conflicting Provides.
Take a look at what symbols ocaml-lablgl provides:

  http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/rpminfo?rpmID=191299

I understand you don't want the package as BR, but other ocaml-* packages
contain corresponding Requires:

$ repoquery --whatrequires 'ocaml(Arg) ocaml(Array) ocaml(Buffer) ocaml(Callback) ocaml(Char) ocaml(Gl) ocaml(GlArray) ocaml(GlClear) ocaml(GlDraw) ocaml(GlFunc) ocaml(GlLight) ocaml(GlList) ocaml(GlMap) ocaml(GlMat) ocaml(GlMisc) ocaml(GlPix) ocaml(GlTex) ocaml(GluMat) ocaml(GluMisc) ocaml(GluNurbs) ocaml(GluQuadric) ocaml(GluTess) ocaml(Glut) ocaml(Hashtbl) ocaml(List) ocaml(Obj) ocaml(Pervasives) ocaml(Printf) ocaml(Protocol) ocaml(Raw) ocaml(Rawwidget) ocaml(StdLabels) ocaml(String) ocaml(Support) ocaml(Textvariable) ocaml(Timer) ocaml(Tk) ocaml(Togl) ocaml(Widget)'
ocaml-ocamldoc-0:3.10.0-4.fc8.i386
ocaml-0:3.10.0-4.fc8.i386
ocaml-lablgl-0:1.02-12.fc8.i386
ocaml-camlp4-0:3.10.0-4.fc8.i386
ocaml-ulex-0:1.0-3.fc8.i386
ocaml-labltk-0:3.10.0-4.fc8.i386

This can cause ocaml-lablgl to be pulled in by yum depsolving, because it is
one packages that "Provides" the required thing.