Re: ubuntu bulletproof x

Adam Jackson wrote:
On Sun, 2007-09-02 at 17:47 -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
On Sunday, 02 September 2007 at 21:52, Douglas McClendon wrote:
[...]
(and again, for the sake of argument, lets pretend that doing anything from a command line, or editing a text file, or researching obscure specs about your monitor, is not an option for the users in question)
I think that for majority of monitors out there, you can find the specs
in 5 minutes using Google.
And then translate that into a modeline with another 3 days of googling.

Why does anyone write a modeline by hand anymore?

% man cvt

Because on the machines I'm used to using:

# man cvt
No manual entry for cvt

--
  Les Mikesell