Re: Python 3.0

On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 09:39:42 -0500
"David G. Mackay" <mackay_d bellsouth net> wrote:

> Why does this remind me of Pangloss in Candide?

I have no idea what that means.

> And, I have been
> rather forcefully told on this list that Fedora stands alone.

Perhaps it's a matter of context.  It's no mystery that RHEL is a
derivative of Fedora, and that CentOS is a free rebuild of RHEL.  To
think that they have nothing to do with the Fedora universe is just
plain silly.  To think that they aren't valid alternatives when looking
for say a long term supported Fedora, or a build of Fedora with more
thought to backward compatibility is just ignorant (not in a mean way,
just in a "the person doesn't possess the information" kind of way).

--
Jesse Keating