Re: ubuntu bulletproof x

Adam Jackson wrote:

Windows does almost exactly what we do.  It uses the EDID information if
it can be found, otherwise it constructs a list of candidate modes based
on sync ranges.  Some of them will be out of range for the monitor; it
happens to have better UI for reverting to the older settings.

Were there ever versions of the X configurator that made changes on the fly and reverted if you didn't confirm that it worked or am I confusing this with some other old box?

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com