Re: Goal: Increased Modularity?

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
On 9/4/07, Richi Plana <myfedora richip dhs org> wrote:
I guess my point is that if the answer to a lot of people's requests is
that "they can spin things themselves", I just thought it would be an
important consideration for Fedora to give the respinners that
flexibility THROUGH modularization.

Sure, and my point is, we are attempting to do just that..where there
is real benefit. Things like virtual provides and the alternatives
system are used when it makes sense. And "where it makes sense" is
always in flux.

Has anyone considered a system that 'makes sense' for multiuser operation where different users want different alternative targets at once - or the same user wants alternative JVMs for different applications at the same time?

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com