Re: Goal: Increased Modularity?

On 9/4/07, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell gmail com> wrote:
> Has anyone considered a system that 'makes sense' for multiuser
> operation where different users want different alternative targets at
> once - or the same user wants alternative JVMs for different
> applications at the same time?

Are you suggesting that the alternatives system, in association with
shell PATH variables isn't adequate enough for a user who knows enough
about things such as sendmail alternatives to reconfigure to their
hearts content?  I'm pretty sure alternatives allows for per-user
configurations, into per-user defined paths for executables and
manpages and what not.

-jef