Re: iced-tea backport to f7?

Mike Chambers <mike <at> miketc.com> writes:
> I don't know much about this icedtea java stuff.  I read it includes a
> browser plug-in with the rpm?  Is this the same plugin as the java one
> from sun, or at least works the same?

That is the java-1.7.0-icedtea-plugin package.
It isn't the same plugin code as the sun one since sun hasn't released their
code (yet). This is the gcjwebplugin code made to work with the openjdk code
base. We do hope it works the same, if not please do report bugs!
http://icedtea.classpath.org/bugzilla

One known issue is that the plugin doesn't support Liveconnect, the Javascript -
Java bridge.

Cheers,

Mark