Re: Goal: Increased Modularity?

Le mercredi 05 septembre 2007 à 10:42 -0600, Richi Plana a écrit :
> On Wed, 2007-09-05 at 19:31 +0300, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> > It originates from JPackage.
>
> I'm just glad there is one. And that Fedora has officially (or
> unofficially) adopted it. It's sort of like the Linux Standards Base of
> Java on Linux, ;).
>
> If someone wanted to make proposals to include per-user configurations
> of JVMs (possibly through a set of utilities to set JAVA_HOME and PATH),
> I take it JPackage is the place to do this (the upstream) and that
> Fedora will follow suit?

Any script or convention you get adopted at JPackage and included in
jpackage-utils will percolate to Fedora and many other distributions
besides. If you browse the jpackage-discuss list archive you may find
interesting exchanges on the subject (including master plans never
implemented, but that can serve as inspiration)

--
Nicolas Mailhot