Re: Goal: Increased Modularity?

Le jeudi 06 septembre 2007 à 08:15 -0500, Les Mikesell a écrit :

> That seems philosophically very wrong.

> That's not supposed to be the case.

>  It's just annoying that the
> packaged location is different from what Sun uses

> and Sun should be somewhat of an authority on matters pertaining to java

1. You're welcome to found a better designed Java packaging project.

2. SUN didn't care at all about the Java deployment problem space till
it got sidelined by .Net and OSGi/Eclipse on the other. SUN's solution
to the problem is JSR 277, which won't be deployed anywhere before Java
7 (mid-2008 at the earliest) and it remains to be seen if it will fly,
crash or be rpm-compatible.

> - and even more annoying that in this long chain of questions I still
> don't have the simple answer

You were given information but chose not to listen. I won't waste any
more time on the subject.

--
Nicolas Mailhot