Re: Is PKG_CONFIG_PATH set on the buildsystem?

On Sat, 8 Sep 2007 14:46:31 +0100, Jonathan Underwood wrote:

> > > cvs diff: [12:11:28] obtained lock in /cvs/extras/rpms/emacs-vm/devel

> > You can fix it by not creating invalid tags in your spec file.

> Yes - I realize - but I think the issue is the tag is invalid because
> pkg-config isn't seeing the .pc file for emacs on the build system,
> which is what I would like to fix.. Or am I missing something?
> [haven't had any coffee yet today].

Well, then you need to

  1) replace your "BuildRequires: emacs" with "BuildRequires:
  emacs-el", since the main package does not contain a pkg-config
  file anymore

and

  2) open a ticket against "emacs" to report that
   /usr/share/pkg-config/emacs.pc
   is a wrong location, which ought to be
   /usr/share/pkgconfig/emacs.pc

The tool is called pkg-config, the directories pkgconfig