Re: Enhancement proposal for Firefox

Adalbert Prokop wrote:
Hello!

I'd like to propose an enhancement for the Firefox's start script. It includes two changes:

1. Give the user the choice which version of Firefox is started,
   especially on 64-bit architectures.

You should look into playing with nspluginwrapper.

2. Use alsa-oss to allow Firefox (or its plugins) play sound. AFAIK they
   use OSS now, which will fail in most cases, because /dev/dsp is almost
   constantly in use by arts/esd/whatever.

I'd rather see Firefox patched to drop it's ESD support in favor of moving to gstreamer/pulseaudio or something of the sort.