Re: udev performance

Harald Hoyer schrieb:
Bill Nottingham schrieb:
Harald Hoyer (harald redhat com) said:
For all of you who are bothered by the performance of udev:

I did some profiling, where udev spents its time... so here are the numbers:

Out of 3.63s of measured activity udev spent:

What rules were installed (out of all of the Fedora universe) - is this
a base install?

Bill

This was a F7 with latest udev-115. I will rerun this test with a rules-everything F8.

Ok, did this with a rules-everything-rawhide on my laptop:

26 seconds

85% (22.3s) in modprobe
7.5% (2s) in 60-openct.rules:26 PROGRAM="/bin/sleep 0.1"

rest is below 0.5 seconds...