Re: udev performance

Harald Hoyer schrieb:
Ok, did this with a rules-everything-rawhide on my laptop:

26 seconds

85% (22.3s) in modprobe
7.5% (2s) in 60-openct.rules:26 PROGRAM="/bin/sleep 0.1"

rest is below 0.5 seconds...

Note:
modprobe + kernel loading the modules is taking 22s
Normally most of the modprobes are executed in parallel, so you normally don't have to wait 22s.
Here for my test, I turned on sequential processing of the events.
These are absolut times, including sleeps, e.g. for HW devices.