Re: Aggregation upstream projects are BAD (kdesdk for example)

On 9/11/07, Kevin Kofler <kevin kofler chello at> wrote:
> Still, my current position (and as far as I was able to tell from the general
> feeling when this issue came up in the IRC meetings, also the one of the KDE
> SIG, feel free to correct me if I'm misrepresenting anyone's opinion here) is
> that unleashing even a subpackage for every single KDE app would lead to a
> gigantic mess which would cause more problems than it solves.

I think as downstream bit maintainers, you've got to stick close to
how upstream deals with thier source collection. If KDE as a project
continues to prefer monolithic model then I think its best to follow
their lead. and use subpackaging as is appropriate.

-jef