open-vm-tools

Hey all,

So vmware announced to us this morning at vmworld that they are open sourcing their VMware Tools product; releasing their immediate code under GPL, and gradually moving development to SourceForge's SVN servers. You can get the tarball at http://open-vm-tools.sf.net/ As an every day user of vmware tools in Fedora, I'd love to be involved in packaging open-vm-tools (I've already compiled it several times and am quite pleased), so normally this would look like an opportunity to put together some SPECs and submit reviews. However, in vmware's announcement this morning they had some reaction quotes from their Linux distro partners, including RedHat, whom they informed about this decision several days ago. So since this particular package involves RedHat corporate partnerships and quotes and stuff like that, should I wait for RH employees to package this and then request myself be added as a comaintainer, or is this still up for grabs?

-Brandon