Re: Licensing: dual licenses - icons

On 9/12/07, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> If upstream isn't sure about the license of the icons they picked they
> should remove and replace them with properly licensed icons, be it LGPL,
> GPL or another license. There are many such good icon sets.

Upstream IS SURE about the licenses of the icons see:
/usr/share/doc/kmenu-gnome-0.6.8/COPYING

As you can see icons are either GPL'd or LGPL'd.
http://chitlesh.fedorapeople.org/COPYING

Now, which license is appropriate ? GPLv2, LGPLv2 or GPLv2/LGPLv2 ?

As I can see GPLv2 is more appropriate. Do you second ?

Chitlesh.
PS: we are working to replace the icons in the sources by requiring
the appropriate packages. However, we are struggling to cope with the
differences among various distributions. Progress is being made.
--
http://clunixchit.blogspot.com