Re: Announcing rpmfusion

Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:

Seriously though, this is just plain dumb wrong:

If we cannot include the packages in our own repositories but we can point to other repositories that do have the packages, nothing prevents us from distributing the appropriate /etc/yum.repos.d/ files in the fedora-release package.

This is again different from including the packages. The details are important from a legal perspective.

So, I'll back up Jesse's question:
 >> And really, if we could reference it, then why the crap couldn't we
 >> just package it in our repo?

Same answer. Go and read the Fedora Advisory Board list threads which already answer this question.

Rahul