Re: Announcing rpmfusion

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 08:41:06 -0500 (CDT)
Jima <jima beer tclug org> wrote:

>   Couldn't this be managed by rpmfusion using a comps file, and
> grouping various packages with "DVD support," "MP3 support," or
> whatnot?  `yum groupinstall "DVD Support"`...

This sounds like a good thought.  The problem would be "what if I don't
have xine, but installing mp3 support drags in xine just for the
plugin?"  Usually the answer is "well, use conditionals" which are a
way to say "only include this package, if this other package is already
selected or installed".  However I think there is some desire to do
away with conditionals.

--
Jesse Keating