Package EOL troubles

Because of an upstream name change, some time ago, I built a version of suitesparse, which obsoletes ufsparse, and is now in rawhide. I have tried to complete the package EOL process for ufsparse (remove everything and check in a dead.package file), but I can no longer commit changes because for some reason I have been removed from the ACL. The next step in the instructions was to send an e-mail to rel-eng fedoraproject org requesting removal of the package from the repository, which I did weeks ago, including an explanation of my inability to check in changes to rpms/ufsparse/devel. Also, someone else mentioned that ufsparse should be removed from rawhide on this list nearly a month ago. The package is still in the rawhide repository. Is there something else I should have done?

Quentin