Re: Package EOL troubles

Jesse Keating wrote:
On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 14:03:02 -0500
Quentin Spencer <qspencer ieee org> wrote:

Because of an upstream name change, some time ago, I built a version
of suitesparse, which obsoletes ufsparse, and is now in rawhide. I
have tried to complete the package EOL process for ufsparse (remove everything and check in a dead.package file), but I can no longer
commit changes because for some reason I have been removed from the
ACL. The next step in the instructions was to send an e-mail to rel-eng fedoraproject org requesting removal of the package from the repository, which I did weeks ago, including an explanation of my inability to check in changes to rpms/ufsparse/devel. Also, someone
else mentioned that ufsparse should be removed from rawhide on this
list nearly a month ago. The package is still in the rawhide
repository. Is there something else I should have done?

d'oh, I somehow lost that mail.  I'm blocking it now.  As to the
dead.package, I can probably do that for you.

Thank you.

Quentin