rawhide report: 20070912 changes

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Sep 13 09:06:56 UTC 2007

Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 <at> freenet.de> writes:
> What are you referring to? Where am I not cooperating?

You keep complaining loudly about freezes and Bodhi, and blaming the upgrade
path reports in cases where you should have sent the appropriate freeze tagging
requests to rel-eng or the appropriate update requests through Bodhi.

Then there was also the cross-compiler guidelines thread where you complained
about your packages not getting reviewed when actually they were stuck waiting
for a set of guidelines you were supposed to be responsible for (because you
were the one listed as the contact and also the one who took responsibility for
it in FPC meetings as far as I know).

> => They are designed in a way, they prevent parallel installation of a
> potential OSG1 and OSG2 package.

This is a valid technical reason, the ones you gave before aren't.

> 3. At the very moment I activate the *.pc's I carry around for months,
> will not help Chris. They are designed to support parallel installation
> of OSG1 and OSG2 (openscenegraph-2.pc)

I see, but it would be easy to patch his packages to support that (he'd just
have to replace openscenegraph with openscenegraph-2 in one place).

That said, if we aren't even shipping a compat package, I wonder if it's worth
being incompatible with Debian for. Have you talked to the Debian maintainer
about this issue?

        Kevin Kofler