Disable IPv6 by default.

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Thu Sep 13 14:31:49 UTC 2007

Chuck Anderson wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 02:09:02PM +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>
>> Let's disable IPv6 by default and let the user enable it.
>>

> Why?  Is it causing a problem for you?

Waste of time and resources...
> IPv6 deployment is a chicken-and-egg problem.  Everything Fedora can
> do to be proactive about encouraging its use should be applauded.  One
> day we will eventually need it, and if we don't work out the wrinkles
> now, we'll be in trouble later.  Windows Vista has it enabled by
> default.  So should Fedora.

Not saying that we should stop working on.
Just stop enable it by default.

Oh just because M$ doe's it doesn't mean it's right..
Maybe we should follow M$ in blindly and imitate all their stupididly...

Best regards.
                Johann B.

--

Johann B. Gudmundsson. RHCE,CCSA
Unix System Engineer.
Taeknigardi, Dunhaga 5.			Email:		johannbg at hi.is
IS-107 Reykjavik.			Phone:		+354-525-4267
Iceland.				  Fax:		+354-552-8801