Re: Fedora pointing to third party repositories (Was Re: Announcing rpmfusion)

Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:

We do not know yet if pointers to a repository are ok since the legal situation has changed.

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.advisory-board/2717

Last time we consulted with legal, it was ok to point a website as long as it didn't host directly such a software repository and we didn't include information on what to find in such websites (ie) pointing to a website like fedorafaq.org is ok as long as we don't tell them "go here for mp3 codecs".

Since I'm now the "Fedora Legal Contact Person", I formally relayed this
question to the Red Hat lawyers 10 minutes ago (in person, no less).

Thanks very much. I have been trying to get someone to do it for months together now with pretty much no response.

They're going to get back to me with a response.

Excellent. Do you want to be listed as the legal contact in http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal instead of Max Spevack?

Rahul