Re: Disable IPv6 by default.

Once upon a time, Simo Sorce <ssorce redhat com> said:
> Remember that IPv6 will probably explode quite fast at some point, like
> any technology with important network effects do. We ought to be
> prepared.

My main problem is that I configure IPv4 and I explicitly have IPv6
turned off (or so it appears in the interface), yet I still have IPv6
loaded and used.  This causes annoying warnings from programs trying to
use an unconfigured IPv6 interface.

If I don't configure IPv4, the interface isn't configured; why is it
that way with IPv6?  If I don't configure anything for IPv6, it is still
loaded.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams hiwaay net>