Re: Disable IPv6 by default.

Jesse Keating wrote:
On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 17:03:36 +0000
""Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"" <johannbg hi is> wrote:

Should we or should we not disable IPv6 during installation/Anaconda

No, it should stay enabled by default.

Should we or should we not allow the user to decide during
installation ( Anaconda or after installation S-C-N ).

post-install yes, perhaps through s-c-n, or NetworkManager.  And we
should still fix any bugs that show up due to having it enabled but not
actively used.

Then *manually* disabled, module should be blacklisted and any services that are IPv6 dependent or use IPv6 ( for example ip6tables ) should then be disabled or that *feature in them.

If user turns something off that something stay turned off ( and thing related/depend on it IPv6 or otherwize ).

Let's not waste cpu/ram/space/power on something that is not in use no matter how small the % of cpu/ram/space/power is.

Best regard
               Johann B.

--

Johann B. Gudmundsson. RHCE,CCSA